World Water Day : 22nd March ( Theme, objectives, events, history, major water scarcity problems , quotes)
Five minute reads :
” No water . No Life . No Blue. No Green “
This year World Water Day will be celebrated in an online event by the the Center of Circular Economy ; 22nd March 2021.
Every year World Water Day is celebrated under a theme, theme for 2021 World Water Day is ” Water Source Security “.
- Theme of 2020 : ” Water and Climate Change “
- Theme of 2019 : ” Leaving No One Behind “
The first World Water Day designated by the United Nations , was in 1993.
This event aims at tackle global water crisis.
World Water Day is to support the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal : Water and Sanitation for all by 2030.
World Water Day celebrates water and raises awareness of the 2.2 billion people living without access to safe water.
- Read : https://modernaffairs.live/day-of-happiness-the-international-day-of-happiness-20-march/
- Also read : https://modernaffairs.live/national-vaccination-day-national-vaccination-day-16th-march/
Major problems due to water scarcity :
- Today, 1 in 3 people live without safe water
- By 2050 , up to 5.7 billion people could be living in areas where water is scarce for at least one month a year
- Extreme weather has caused more than 90 % of major disasters over the last decade
- By 2040, water demand is expected to increase by more than 50 % .
” Save Water Before It’s Too Late “