Skip to content
World development report 2021 by world bank’s : “Data for Better Lives” has been released
Two minute reads :
- The world bank realises world development report 2021. ” Data for Better Lives”.
- It calls for strengthened national data systems to tackle poverty and transform the lives of the world’s poor people.
- The report examines how data can better advance development objectives, and analyzes the types of governance arrangements necessary to support data generation.
- The repots are the Bank’s best known contribution to thinking about development.
Development report listed 5 main recommendations :
- Data to release it’s potential to transform lives, key to help in improving transparency and contribute towards life.
- Increase data usage to improve literacy data and expand excess for all.
- Equitable excess, as maginalized people need a better representation across data systems.
- Protect people from data misuse.
- Work towards an integrated national data system.
About world development report :
- World development report is an annual report published since 1978 by the International bank for Reconstruction and Development sice 1978.
- It includes GDP, national income and per capita income.
- This report provides us the quantitative aspect of development.
Important takeaways of world bank :
- Formation : 1944 , July
- Headquarters : Washington, D. C, United States
- President : David Mallass
Thanks for reading :-