Skip to content
World air quality report 2020 : Delhi world’s most polluted city
Two minute study :-
The Swiss group ” IQAir ” which measures the air quality levels on the basis of concentration of lung damaging airborne particles called PM 2.5 presented it’s “2020 World Air Quality Report”.
The World air quality report highlights that :
- The capital city of India, New Delhi, is the world most polluted capital across the world for the third straight year in the year 2020.
- The report highlights that, in the year 2020 , the average annual concentration of PM2. 5 of New Delhi was 84.1 cubic meter of air.
- This figure was more than double the level of PM 2.5 concentration in Beijing with the average of 37.5 in 2020.This, it was the 14th most polluted city across the world.
Important facts of IQAir
- IQAir empowers individuals , organizations and communities to breathe clean air through information and collaboration
- Founded : 1963
- Founders : Manfred Hammes Klaus Hammes q
- Headquarters : Goldach, Switzerland
Basic facts of Delhi :
- Capital formation : 1911
- Formation of Union Territory : 1956
- Lt. Governor : Anil Baijal
- Chief Minister : Arvind Kejriwal
- Deputy Chief Minister : Manish Sisodiya
- Number of Districts : 11
Thanks for reading :-