Skip to content
Thomas Bach : Re-Elected as President International Olympic Committee
Four minute reads :
On 10 March 2021 , the Executive Board of International Olympic Committee ( IOC )re-elected Thomas Bach for an additional terms of 4 years as the president of ICO until 2025.
Terms of Bach :
- His current term as the president of IOC will finish on the closing day of the Tokyo Olympic Games on 8th August 2021.
- As a president his second term will start on 9 August 2021.
About Bach :
- He was born on 29 December 1953 in Germany.
- He won the team gold medal at the 1976 Summer Olympics held in Montreal, Canada.
- He was the only candidate of the IOC presidential election which was held during the 137th IOC session in Athens.
- He was elected as IOC President at the IOC session in 2013 in Buenos Aires for a first eight year term.
Important takeaways of International Olympic Committee :
- President : Thomas Bach
- Headquarters : Lausanne, Switzerland
- Created on 23 June 1894
Bach first presided over the 2014 Sochi Games, which was tainted by Russia’s state-backed doping program.
Thanks for reading :-