Skip to content
Telangana : ( Symbols, important facts, dances, festivals, national park and wildlife Sanctuaries) All you want to know is here !
Telangana meaning ( Land of Telugus ) is the South central state of India, stretch of the peninsula on the high deccan plateau.
On 2nd June 2014, the area was separated from the North western part of Andhrapradesh.
- Mammal : Spotted dear
- Bird : Indian Roller
- Flower : Senna aericulata
- Tree : Prosopis Cineraria
Basic points of state :
- Formation : 2 June 2014
- Capital and largest city : Hyderabad
- Number of Districts : 33
- Governor : Tamilsai Soundararajan
- Chief Minister : K. Chandrashekhar Rao
- Members of Legislative Assembly : Bicameral ( 119 + 40 ) seats
- Rajya Sabha Seats : 07
- Lok Sabha Seats : 17
- Area Rank : 11
- Population Rank : 12
Important Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries :
- Pakhal Lake & Wildlife Sanctuary
- Eturnagaram Sanctuary
- Pocharam Dam & Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kinnerasa Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mrigavani National Park
- KBR National Park
- Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
- Nehru Zoological Park
Important Dances of the state :
- Gusadi Dance
- Tribal Dhimsa Dance
- Lambadi Dance
- Burra Katha
- Dan daria
Important festivals of the state :
- Kakatiya Festival
- Deccan Festival
- Milad Un Nabi
- Sammaka Sarakka
Important facts of the state :
- Golconda market in Hyderabad is the primary source of the finest and largest diamond in the world.
- kuntala waterfall in Adilabadu district is the highest waterfall of Telangana.
- Hussain Sagar lake of the state is famous for its unique shape. It’s look like a heart from an aerial view.
- Hyderabad serves as joint capital city of Telangana and Andhrapradesh.
- Sania Mirza was appointed as Brand Ambassador of the state.
- India’s first Muslim President and famous politician Zakir Hussain was born in Hyderabad.
- Economy of Telangana is majorly supported by Agriculture. Rice is one of the main crop there.
- Warangal has a domestic airport which was established in the year 1930 during Nizam period.
Telangana will have 10 districts :
Thanks for reading :-