Skip to content
Surgeon General of US : Indian American Vivek Murthy
Two minute reads :
- The United States Senate confirmed with their vote that Dr. Vivek Murthy will be the surgeon general of US President of Joe Biden.
- Senators voted 57 – 47 to confirm the Murthy as Biden’s Surgeon General.
- Murthy will be the 21st surgeon general of the US.
- He had also served under the Barak Obama administration from 2014 to 2017.
- He was fired by the former US President Donald Trump.
- In a tweet, Dr. Vivek Murthy mentioned that he is deeply grateful to be confirmed by the US Senate to serve once again as the surgeon general.
About Vivek Murthy :
- He is an American physician as well as Vice Admiral in the Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.
- He was the youngest ever to hold the office at the age of 37.
Surgeon general of US :
- Murthy in 2003, earned an MD ( Doctor of Medicine ) from the Yale School of Medicine.
- The surgeon general of US is the operational head of the US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.
- The surgeon general serves a four year term of office.
Thanks for reading :-