Skip to content
Soyuz Rocket launched : Russia successfully launched 38 foreign satellites from 18 countries
Two minute reads :
- Russia had successfully launched 38 foreign satellites for the 18 countries in to orbit after the successful launch from Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
- The launched satellite belonged to 18 different nations including Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Canada, Brazil and Italy.
- The satellites were launched aboard Soyuz -2-1 launch vehicle from Kazakhstan.
- The launch was twice delayed from Saturday after a surge in voltage was detected and due to the technical issues.
- The launch of 38 satellites in one go by the Russia is of great significance in the light that, the Russia Space Sector is lagging behind ever since the fall of Soviet Union.
Soyuz key points
- The Soyuz is a Russian spacecraft.
- Astronauts and cosmonauts travel to the International Space Station on the Soyuz.
- The Soyuz is only means of teaching the ISS since the U. S. retired the space shuttle in 2011.
- Soyuz succeeded the Voskhod spacecraft and was originally built as part of the Soviet crewed lunar programs.
- In the year 2018, Russia had launched a Soyuz Rocket carrying the Russian cosmonaut and a NASA astronaut.
- But the mission was failed mid-flight and the crew had to carry out the emergency landing.
Thanks for reading :-