Skip to content
South Africa’s Zulu Queen Mantfombi dies a month after she became regent
Two minute reads :
South Africa’s Zulu regent Queen Shiyiwe Mantfombi Dlamini Zulu has passed away on 1 May, 2021 on Saturday.
She had became interim leader of the country’s largest ethnic group after demise of her husband, king Goodwill Zwelithini.
She had been appointed to the role on 24 March 2021.
No details of the cause of death have been released, through South African media reports say she had been I’ll for some time.
King Zwethilini :
- King Zwethilini had ruled the nation for almost 50 years, making him Africa’s longest serving monarch.
- Zwethilini passed away on March 12, aged 72 , following a battle with diabetes related illness.
- He left behind six wives, 28 children and a thorny question on Succession.
- Although, Zulu was his thrid wife.
South Africa’s Zulu Queen Mantfombi :
- Zulu held the title of ” Great queen ” — a status determined by her dowry.
- She was sister of Eswatini’s King Mswati ||| – Africa’s only absolute monarch.
Thanks for reading :-