Skip to content
ISRO launch the sounding rocket RH-560
Two minute reads :
The Indian Space Research Organization ( ISRO ) has launched the sounding rocket called RH-560 on March 12, 2021.
- The rocket was launched in order to study “attitudinal variations” in the neutral winds and plasma dynamics.
- The RH-560 rocket was launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre ( SDSC ) Sriharikota Range.
- ISRo highlighted that these rockets are one of two stage solid propellant rockets and are used to probe the upper atmospheric regions and conduct the space research.
ISRo started launching indigenously made sounding rockets from 1965.
RH-75 was the first Indian sounding rocket consolidated under the Rohini Program.
Important takeaways of ISRO :
- Formation : 15 August, 1969
- Headquarters : Bengalore ; Karnataka
- Chairman : K. Sivan
ISRO has recently announced that it has planned to launch an earth observation satellite on March 28, which will provide the near real time image of borders
This would also enable a quick monitoring of natural disaster.
Thanks for reading :-