Skip to content
India Largest Floating Solar Power Plant at Ramagundam
Five minute reads :
India’s largest floting solar power plant of 100 Mega Watt ( MW ) capacity being constructed at Ramagundam in Peddapalli district of Telangana.
- This power plant is the conversion of energy, either directly using photovoltaic ( PV ), indirectly using concentrated solar power, or a combination.
It is being developed by NTPC South over the water surface of Sri Ram Sagar Project Reservoir.
- NTPC : National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
The ₹430 crore project will be commissioned in May 2021.
The phase | unit of 800 Mw will be commissioned by January 2022 and phase || of 800 MW by March 2022.
- World largest floating solar plant with 600 MW capacity is being set up on Omkareshwar dam on Narmada river by year 2022-23 in Madhya Pradesh.
- Most of the solar interactions would be in China and India.
- South Korea is building the biggest dam based floating solar plant of world.
- South Korean project will be set up at Hapcheon dam.
- Solar would be the world largest source of energy.
- Solar power contribute 16 and 11 % respectively, of the world wide electricity consumption.
Important takeaways of NTPC:
- Established : 1975
- Headquarters : New Delhi
- CMD : Gurpreet Singh
Thanks for reading :-