Skip to content
Single Crystal Blade for helicopter engines developed by DRDO
Two minute reads :
Single crystal blade technology for helicopters engines has been developed by Defense Research Development Organization.
- It has 60 number of blades and the remaining 4 will be developed in due course.
- DRDO will be developing 5 sets ( 300 blades ) of crystal blades.
- They are used in helicopters for strategic and defense applications.
- The DRDO has developed crystal blades technology and supplied 60 of these blades to HAL as a part of indigenous helicopter development program for helicopter engine application.
- Single Crystal Blades are manufactured out of Nickel based super alloys capable of withstanding high temperatures.
- This is the type of programme taken up by the Defense Metallurgical Research Laboratory ( DMRL ).
- A special ceramic composition had to be developed to make strong ceramic moulds.
Important takeaways of DRDO :
- Formation : 1958
- Headquarters : New Delhi
- Chairman : Dr. G Satheesh Reddy
Thanks for reading :-