Skip to content
India China and other members to participate in SCO military exercise this year
Two minute reads :
- India, Pakistan, China and other members of the Sanghai Cooperation Organization ( SCO ) will hold a joint anti terrorism exercise in 2021.
- The exercise is titled by ” Pabbi – Antiterror – 2021 “.
- The decision to hold the joint exercise was announced during the 36th meeting of the Council of the Regional Anti Terrorist Structure ( RATS ) held in Taskent, Uzbekistan on March 18, 2021.
- RATS, headquartered in Taskent, is a permanent organ of the SCO which serves to promote cooperation of members states against terrorism, separatism and extremism.
SCO military exercise
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance, announced in 15 June 2001 in Sanghai.
- The SCO is the largest regional organization in the world in terms of geographic coverage and population.
- India and Pakistan admitted as full members of this SCO military exercise in 2017.
- The SCO’s official languages are Russian and Chinese.
Four Observer states
Six dialogue partners :
- Sri Lanka
- Promoting effective cooperation in politics, trade & economy, research & technology and culture.
- Strengthening mutual trust and neighbourliness among the member states.
- Maintain and ensure peace, security and stability in the region.
- Enhancing ties in education, energy, transport, tourism, environmental protection, etc.
List of Summits :
- 2019 : Kyrgyzstan
- 2020 : Russia
- 2021 : Tajikistan
- 2022 : Uzbekistan
Thanks for reading :-