Skip to content
The first consignment of Red rice was flagged off to the United States
Four minute reads :
The first consignment of ‘Red rice’ was flagged off on March 4, 2021 to the United States from Indian state Assam.
The consignment was dispatched to the US en route to a seaport.
- The red rice is rich in iron
- It is grown in Brahmaputra valley of Assam
- It is grown without using any chemical fertilizers
- This variety of rice is called ‘ Bao-dhaan’ ; which is an integral part of foods in Assam
This adds on the India’s rice exports potential.
As the exports of red rice grows, it would enhance the incomes of farming families of the Brahmaputra flood plains.
The major rice producing states are :
The rice was source by leading rice exporter called ‘LT Foods’.
During the April to January period of 2020-21, the shipment of non-Basmati rice witnessed an impressive spike.
Important takeaways of Assam for competitive exams:
- Capital of Assam : Dispur
- Statehood : 26 January 1950
- Largest city : Guwahati
- Governor of Assam : Jagdish Mukh
- Chief minister of Assam : Sarbananda Sonowal ( BJP )
Thanks for reading :-