Skip to content
Rajan Mishra renowned classical singer passes away due to Covid-19 related complications
Two minute reads :
Hindustani Classical Singer Rajan Mishra passed away due to cardiac arrest after being diagnosed with Covid-19 at the age of 70 years.
He was admitted to Delhi’s St Stephen Hospital for Covid-19 where he suffered two heart attacks on Sunday.
- The renowned vocalists in Khyal style was a Padma Bhushan awardee.
Key points of Mishra :
- He belongs to Benaras gharana.
- Pandit Rajan Mishra, along with brother Sajan Mishra have performed for both Indian and global audiences for decades now.
- He was born in 1951in Varanasi.
- He received his musical training under his father Hanuman Prasad Mishra and trained by Ram Das Mishra, his grandfather.
- He also got Gandharwa National Award, The Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, and the National Tansen Award.
Thanks for reading :-