Skip to content
New Education Policy 2021 ; A explained view with key highlights!
Two minute reads :
Education, the most important concept, either it’s backbone for ours society and development, it ensures us bright future & environment.
As the year 2020 had been one of the catastrophic in terms of education, the COVID – 19 pandemic forced the schools and colleges to shut down and ought to online learning methods.
- Last year in 2020, government allocated Rs 19,300 crore for education sector.
Important features of new education policy 2021:
- For children of 3 to 6 years : Access to free, safe, high quality.
- Medium of instructions up to grade 5,and preferably till grade 8 beyond will be home language or mother tongue.
- Also, the ‘ 10 + 2 ‘ structure will be replaced with ” 5 + 3 + 3 + 4 ” model.
- It proposes a 4 year multi disciplinary bachelor’s degree in an undergraduate programme with multiple exit options.
- The government also changed the policies of for the upcoming teachers and teacher education.
- To become a teacher one requires a minimum four year Bachelor of Education by 2030.
- Also, the teacher recruitment process will be made transparent.
- Beginning with mathematics all subjects are offered at two levels.
- National Testing Agency will conduct a common college entrance exams twice a year. This will implemented from the 2022 sessions.
- The system of affiliated collages will be phased out in 15 years.
- By 2040 , all higher education Institutions like IITs will become multidisciplinary.
- The education sector must harness the forces of technology and pedagogy .
- India arts, languages and culture will be promoted at all levels.
- This year the government allocated amount 15,000 crore for education sector.
Thanks for reading :-