National Vaccination Day : 16th March
“ Vaccines save lives ; fear endangers them ”
Four minute reads :
India observes National Vaccination Day on 16th March every year , also known as ” Immunization day “.
National vaccination day will be celebrated in 2021 under the theme ” Vaccines work for all “.
Indian government celebrates this day with great enthusiasm to convey all people aware of arming against polio and eradicating it completely from the world.
This day is one of the strategies that are recommended by the WHO.
- Read : https://modernaffairs.live/womens-day-international-womens-day-8th-march-every-year/
- Also read : https://modernaffairs.live/national-science-day-national-science-day-is–celebrated-on-28th-february-annually/
The prime objectives for a given immunisation program could be to :
- Save lives
- Prevent premature death & disability
- Improve ability of children to learn
- Reduce heath sector for hospital care
- Economic loss to society from absenteeism