Skip to content
Migration and mobility pact : India to take back illegal migrants from UK and employment to 3,000 youngsters
Two minute reads :
Britain and India on 4 May 2021 signed an accord on migration and mobility pact.
The pact will provide enhanced employment opportunities for 3,000 young Indian professionals annually.
In a return for India agreeing to take back any of it’s citizens who are living illegally in the UK.
The migration pact comes after the two countries announced 1 billion pounds ( $ 1.39 bn ) of private sector investment.
Talks on a full trade deal are due to begin in the autumn.
Key highlights :
- The pact will offer employment opportunities for 3,000 young Indian professionals, annually.
- Both nations have pledges to achieve ambitious goals on tackling climate change.
- This includes firming up international supply chains to ensure critical medicines, vaccines and other medical products reach those who need the most.
- Preserving biodiversity by accelerating the development of clean energy and transport.
- It includes commitments to expand the Uk India health partnership to enhance global health security and pandemic resilence.
- Teens of thousands of Indians study in the UK each year, and New Delhi has complained about a lack of employment opportunities.
- London claimed there were as many as 100,000 Indian’s living illegally in the UK, though New Delhi disputes this figure.
Thanks for reading :-