Micheal Collins astronaut of Apollo 11 dies due to cancer
Two minute reads :
Astronaut Michael Collins, a member of the Apollo 11 mission, passed away on 28th April 2021 on Wednesday.
- Apollo 11 was the spaceflight that first landed humans on the Moon.
He was 90.
He was one of the three crew members of the first manned mission to the moon, Aplollo 11 in 1969.
Out of three members, Collins had stayed in lunar orbit, while his colleagues Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon.
In the mission, Collin worked as Command Module Pilot.
About Mr. Collin :
- Micheal was born on October 31, 1930.
- He was also q test pilot and major general in the U. S. Air Force Reserves.
- Collins graduated from the United States Military Academy with the class of 1952.
- He flews in space twice.
- His first space flight was on Gemini 10 in 1966.
” One thing that struck him most was the way the Earth looked from space — peaceful and serene but also delicate”
- Read : https://modernaffairs.live/prince-philip-passes-the-duke-of-edinburgh/
- Also read : https://modernaffairs.live/aditya-l1-support-cellindias-first-solar-mission/