Skip to content
MANAS App launched to promote mental wellbeing
Two minute reads :
MANAS App launched by the principal Scientific Advisor K Vijay Raghavan.
The aap will help in promoting mental wellbeing across all age groups.
The initial version of the app will focus on promoting the positive mental health of those between 15 – 35.
- The app MANAS stands for Mental Health and Normalcy Augmentation System.
- It aims to build a healthier and happier community, to empower it to nurture it’s innate potential for building a Swasth and Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
Motto of MANAS App
- ” Uttam Mann, Saksham Jan “
This aap is being developed by :
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences ( NIMHANS ) Bengaluru
- Armed Forces Medical College ( AFMC ) Pune
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing ( C – DAC ) Bengaluru.
Key highlights :
- It is a comprehensive, scalable and national digital wellbeing platform and an aap developed to augment mental well being of Indian citizens.
- It is based on life skills and core psychological Processes, with universal accessibility, delivering age appropriate methods and promoting positive attitude.
Mental helath in India :
- The Mental Healthcare Act 2017 was passed in India on April 7, 2017.
- It came in to force on May 29, 2018.
- The world Health Organization defines mental health as a state of well being in which the person realizes his or her own abilities, is able to cope normal stress of life.
Thanks for reading :–