Skip to content
Jharkhand ( Symbols, important facts, dances, festivals, national park and wildlife Sanctuaries) All you want to know is here !
Jharkhand ( The land of forests ) is the state in eastern India.
It’s most of the ares are covered with huge forests.
- Mammal : Elephant
- Bird : Koel
- Flower : Palash 🌸
- Tree : Sal tree 🌳
Basic key highlights of the state
- Formation : 15 November 2000
- Capital : Ranchi
- Total number of districts : 24
- Chief minister : Hemant Soren
- governor : Dropadi Murmu
- Largest city : Jamshedpur
- Members of Legislative Assembly : 81
- Lok Sabha seats : 14
- Rajya Sabha seats : 06
- Area Rank : 15
- Population Rank : 14
Important Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries :
- Betla National Park
- Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
- Gautam Buddha Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mahuandar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Hazaribagh Wildlife Sanctuary
- Koderma Wildlife Sanctuary
- Lawalong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Palamu Wildlife Sanctuary
Important Dances of Jharkhand :
- Chhau Dance
- Jhenana Jhumar
- Mardani Jhumar
- Jitka and Danga
- Ghora Naach
Important festivals :
- Chhath Puja
- Makar or Tusu Parab
- Bhagta Parab
Important interesting facts of Jharkhand :
- Ranchi is capital of the state and known as ” City of Waterfalls ” and Dumka is known as it’s sub – capital.
- India largest flag 493 feet high is in Ranchi. The flag is the largest and is with the tallest flagpole in India.
- Dhanbad is known as India’s coal capital.
- Jamshedpur is the first planned industrial city of India and home to the TATA steel plant, which was established in 1907 by the founder Jamshedji TATA.
- It is the home of largest Steel Plant in Asia. Bokaro Steel city is one of the first planned town in India.
- The tribal language of this state is identical to the Harappan civilization ( Indus Valley Civilization ).
- This state has the highest peak named Parasnath with a height of 1366 metres.
- Baidyanath Dham which is one of twelve famous Shiva Jyotirlings is located in Deoghar district.
Thanks for reading :-