Skip to content
International Solar Alliance recently joined by Italy
Two minute reads :
According to Ministry of External Affairs, Italy has joined the International Solar Alliance on March 17, 2021.
The country also signed a framework agreement of ISA with India after the amendment to the agreement came in to the force.
Ambassador of Italy to India, H. E. Vincenzo De Luca signed the Italian membership to the International Solar Alliance ( ISA ).
International Solar Alliance :
- Headquarters : Gurugram, Haryana ( India )
- ISA compromises 121 countries most of them being sunshine countries.
- Sunshine countries means, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn.
- The initiative was first proposed by Narendra Modi in November 2015 at the Wembley Stadium, London.
- The primary objective of the alliance is to work for efficient consumption of solar energy to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
- The global alliance aims at contributing to the implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement through the massive and rapid deployment of sustainable solar energy.
Important takeaways of Italy :
- Capital : Rome
- President : Sergio Mattarella
- Prime Minister : Mario Draghi
- Currency : Euro
Thanks for reading :-