Skip to content
International Intellectual Property index 2021 : India ranks 40 on IP index
Two minute reads :
- India has ranked at 40 among the 53 economies on International Intellectual Property index .
- The ranking were released on March 23, 2021.
- The index evaluates the intellectual property rights in the economies of the world from copyright policies and patents of ratification of the international treaties and commercialization of IP assets.
- The annual index is released by the US Chamber Global Innovation Policy Centre ( GIPC ).
- The US, the UK , Sweden, France and Germany remained the top five economies on the IP index in 2019 retaining their spots from the last year.
- Last year India was ranked at 36th position out of 50 countries.
Benefits of having effective Intellectual property :
- This is 9th IP index released by the Global Innovation Policy Centre.
- Economies with most effective IP frameworks will achieve socio – economic benefits needed to combat COVID – 19.
- Greater access to venture capital
- 10 times more clinical trail activity
- Increased private sector investment in research and development
About Global Innovation Policy Centre
- CEO : David Hirschmann
- Headquarters : Washington, USA
Thanks for reading :-