Skip to content
Kerala introduced India’s first digital university in Thiruvananthapuram
Four minute reads :
Kerala government inaugurated the India’s first digital university based in techno city of Thiruvananthapuram at Mangalapuram on Saturday.
The university has five schools of knowledge :
- School of Computer science and Engineering
- School of Digital sciences
- School of Electronic system and Automation
- School of Informatics
- School of Digital humanities and Liberal arts
Once it is fully developed, it will provide education to 1,200 residential scholars through very technological means.
Spread across 10 acre campus in techno city in Thiruvananthapuram.
he first phase of the university has been completed with an academic and hostel block.
Both the governor and the chief minister addressed the function through video conferencing.
This university will also lead the digital transformation initiatives announced by Kerala government in Budget 2021.
Points said in the statement by chief minister:
- “We need to foster technically talented people in accordance with the changes in the new world”
- ” The benefits of digital technology should be made available for the people in various walks of life “
Important takeaways of Kerala for all competitive exams:
- Formation : 1November ,1956
- Chief minister : Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor : Arif Mohammad Khan
- Number of Districts : 14
- Members of legislative assembly : 144
- Lok Sabha seats : 20
- Rajya Sabha seats : 09
Thanks for reading :-