Skip to content
Gujarat : Safest state of India ( Symbols, important facts, dances, festivals, national park and wildlife Sanctuaries) All you want to know is here !
Gujarat is a state on western coast of India with a coastline of 1600 km.
It is fifth largest state of India by area and ninth largest in population.
- Mammal : Asiatic Lion
- Flower : Marigold
- Tree : Banyan
- Birld : Greater Flamingo
- Fruit : Mango
Basic facts :
- Formation : 1 May, 1960
- Capital : Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister : Vijay Rupani
- Government : Acharya Dev Vrat
- Number of districts : 33
- Members of Legislative Assembly :
- Lok Sabha Seats :
- Rajya Sabha Seats :
- Area rank : 5th
- Pollution rank : 9th
Important National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries :
- Gir Forest National Park
- Marine National park
- Blackbunk National Park
- Balaram Ambaji Wildlife Sanctuary
- Barda Wildlife Sanctuary
- Gaga Great Indian Bustard Wildlife Sanctuary
- Vansda National Park
- Gir Wildlife Sanctuary
- Velavadar National Park
Important dances :
- Dandiya Rass
Important Festivals :
- Shamlaji fair
- Modhera dance festival
- Rann Utsav
Important facts of Gujarat :
- This state is an important part of the Indus Valley Civilisation having many ancient metropolitan cities like Lothal, Dholavira and Gola Dhora.
- The world’s tallest statue commemorating the independence leader Sardar Ballabh bhai Patel is situated here.
- Ths state has larger coast line.
- ” Raan of Kutch ” World’s largest salt desert is in this state..
- Gandhinagar in Ahmedabad is the greenest city in Asia, 50% of its land is covered by greenary.
- Its economy is third largest economy of India.
- This state ranks 21st in Human Development Index among India.
- Its the state from where ( Sabarmati Ashram ) Gandhi jii started Dandi March.
- Palitama is the world’s only mountain with more than 400 temples is here.
- Crime rate is lowest in this state .
- It’s the first Indian state to complete ban on Alcoholic Beverages.
Thanks for reading :-