Skip to content
Guidelines for PLI scheme for Food Processing Industry / Its aim and key highlights
Two minute reads :
The government has issued guidelines for ” Production Linked Incentive ” Scheme for the Food Processing Industry.
Minister of Food Processing Industry Narendra Singh Tomer has also launched an online portal for the scheme.
The government has approved the scheme for implementation during 2021 – 22 to 2026 – 27 with an outlay of 10900 crore rupees.
- The aim is to support the creation of global food manufacturing champions commensurate with India’s natural resources endowment.
- Support Indian brands of food products in the international markets.
The selection of SME applicants under category | will be based on :
- Commited investment
The selection of applicants under Category || for organic products would based on :
- Their Proposals
- Uniqueness of the product
- The level of product development etc.
The selection of applicants under Category ||| for branding and marketing would be based on :
- The level of recognition of the brand
- Plan of Production
- Branding of products in domestic and export markets
Key Guidelines :
- Selected applicants must fulfill the minimum required sales growth rate criteria to became eligible for the incentive.
- Applicants will be extended grant at 50% of expenditure on branding and marketing abroad.
Thanks for reading :-