Skip to content
First food park in India : Indian and Italian project
Two minute reads :
Italy recently on 17 April, launched the first food park in India involving food processing facilities.
- The pilot project named ” The Mega Food Park ” was launched virtually.
- The launch was attended by Italy’s Ambassador Vincenzo de Luca and India’s Ambassador Neena Malhotra.
Aims of First food park in India :
- The main aim of the project is to develop an interaction between agriculture and industry.
- Establish direct linkage from farms to processing and consumer markets.
- The mega food also aimed at building synergy between the agriculture and and industries of two nations with the focus on research and development of new and more efficient technologies.
- It aimed to provide a turnover of Rs. 400 to 500 crore and employment generation of at least 30,000 from each food park.
- Each mega food park aims to connect at least 25,000 farmers.
Key highlights of First food park in India :
- The mega food park scheme, implemented by the Ministry of food processing.
- Under the scheme the government of India provides Rs. 50 crores to each food park.
- This is also the first Italian Indian food park project, an initiative in the food processing field, which serves as piller of partenership between India and Italy.
- Through this project, Italy is looking for explore the opportunities available in the Indian market.
- According to Luca, SMEs and Italian technology in collaboration with Indian food parks open a new chapter in the economic partnership between Italy and India.
Important takeaways of Italy :
- Capital : Rome
- Prime Minister : Mario Draghi
- Currency : Italian Iira
Thanks for reading :-