Skip to content
First floating LNG storage and regasification unit in Maharashtra state
Two minute reads :
India’s first LNG storage and regasification unit are in Maharashtra.
The unit had arrived at the Jaigarh terminal of H – Energy’s Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra.
The launch will help in boosting the opportunities and will help in the development of social infrastructure and port based industries in India.
- The Floating Storage and Regasification Unit is a special type of ship that is used for transiting and transferring Liquefied Natural Gas ( LNG ) through the oceanic channels.
- The facility is capable to reload LNG onto small scale LNG vessels for bunkering services and deliver LNG through truck loading facilities for onshore distribution.
- The LNG terminal is located at JSW Jaigarh Port on the West Coast of India.
- The port is the first 24 × 7 operational, deep water private port in Maharashtra.
- The LNG terminal, built in 2017, has a storage capacity of 170,000 cubic metres and installed regasification capacity of 750 million cubic feet per day.
- The LNG regasification terminal will be ready to start testing and commissioning activities soon.
Thanks for reading :-