Skip to content
The International Day of Happiness : 20 March
Four minute reads :-
The General Assembly of the United Nations in its resolution on 12 July 2012 proclaimed 20 March as the International Day of Happiness.
The first International Day of Happiness was held on 20 March 2013, following several years of campaigning by Jayme Illien, a United National adviser.
The theme for this years International Day of Happiness 2021 is ” Keep calm. stay wise “be kind and is of course, in response to the COVID pandemic.
Main objectives behind this event :
- This day helps us to recognise the importance of happiness in the lives of people around the world.
- Raise awareness of the importance of positive emotion for humanity
- To help others to find ways to create happiness
- To see the happiness on a global scale
- Encouraging others to spread happiness
- Chance to find uplifting and positive ways to look after ourselves & one another
Thanks for reading :-