Skip to content
Dadasaheb Phalke award / Rajnikant to be honoured with 51st Dadasaheb Phalke award
Two minute reads :
The Indian actress superstar Rajinikanth has been selected for the 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2021.
The award will be given on 3 May 2021.
The actor had been awarded with the highest film honour of India for his outstanding contribution to Indian cinema.
Rajinikanth is the 12th South Indian to get this award.
The news was announced by Union Minister Prakash Javadekar.
About the Dadasaheb Award :
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award is India’s highest honour in cinema, presented by the Directorate of film festivals.
- The award is comprised of a Golden Lotus and a cash prize of ₹ 10 Lakh.
- The award was named after Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, who is revered as father of Indian Cinema.
Important highlights of Rajinikanth, the legend :
- In 2007 film Shivaji had become the third Indian film to enter the 100 crore club.
- The 70 year old, who had more than 160 films to his credit, was given the Padma Bhushan in 2000 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2016 by the government.
- He has also received several state and international accolades for his work as South Indian icon.
- Ranjinikanth, who completed 45 years in the film industry in August last year, will soon resume shooting for the upcoming Tamil Film Annaatthe.
Thanks for reading :-