Skip to content
Crew-2 mission launched by NASA Space X ( Including key highlights )
Two minute reads :
NASA’s Space X Crew-2 mission astronauts will lift off to the International Space Station on April 22, 2021.
Crew-2 is the second operational, contracted mission to launch as part of NASA’s Commercial Crew Program.
The launched is scheduled from Launch Complex 39A at the Kennedy Space centre in Florida at 6.11 am EDT ( 3.41 pm IST ) on April 22, 2021.
Key highlights :
- On Friday, April 23, at approximately 5 : 30 a. m. EDT, 9:30 UTC, Dragon will autonomously dock with the international space station.
- The crew-2 mission will lift off 4 astronauts.
- Kimbrough, McArthur, Pesquet and Hoshide will stay on board the space station for a six month mission.
- This is the first human spaceflight mission to fly astronauts on a flight proven Falcon – 9 and Dragon.
- This will be the first time Dragon will fly two international partners.
- It also be the first time two Crew Dragons are attached simultaneously to the orbiting laboratory.
About Crew-1 :
- The astronauts from crew-1 which had successfully docked into ISS in November 2020, will be returning on April 28, 2021.
- They studied ‘ Genes in space ‘ to understand the effect of spaceflights of on the human brain.
- They are also analyzing the effects of microgravity on humans.
NASA is looking toward fall for the launch of a Crew-3 mission, which could take off as early as October 23.
- Crew-2 would look to return to Earth not long after that.
Important takeaways of NASA :
- Formation : July 29, 1958
- Headquarters : Washington, D. C
- Motto : ” For the benefits of all “
Thanks for reading :-