Skip to content
Covid centre with oxygen plant : Delhi gets it’s 1st oxygen plant at Commonwealth Games
Two minute reads :
Delhi has finally got it’s first Covid – 19 centre that has it’s own oxygen plant.
- Oxygen plants are industrial systems designed to generate oxygen.
The centre is located at the Commonwealth Games village sports Complex in New Delhi.
The oxygen plant can simultaneously supply oxygen to 18 – 20 patients.
This means the centre will no longer need to depend on the oxygen supply chain that may causes delays.
The shortage of medical oxygen in Delhi is due to the supply chain of Oxygen cylinders.
The oxygen plant has been donated by the HCL foundation.
Key highlights of Delhi Covid :
- Just two week before, 20 coronavirus patients had died at Jaipur Golden Hospital and 25 patients at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital due to shortage of oxygen.
- The situation is no different in many other hospitals of national capital.
- Delhi reported 20,394 new Covid cases and 407 deaths on Sunday.
- The metro city’s active cases tally now stands at 92,290.
- Total cases stand at 11.9 lakh and deaths at 16,966.
Thanks for reading :-