Skip to content
China space station core module successfully launched by China
Two minute reads :
China successfully launched the core module of it’s space station in to orbit to complete the construction of the station by the end of 2022.
The module sent to the orbit, can provide electricity, and accommodate three astronauts for up to six months. Ph
Tianhe module was carried by the Long March 5B Y2 rocket.
The construction of the space station has entered the implementation stage.
About Tianhe module :
- The module named ” Tianhe” means harmony of the heavens was launched on the Long March B.
- It is largest spacecraft developed by China.
- This Tianhe launch was the first of 11 missions needed to complete the space station.
- Tianhe is one of three main components of what would be China’s first self developed space station.
- The module will act as the management and control hub of the space station Tiangong with a node.
- Tianhe is an important pilot project in the building of a powerful nation in both technology and in space.
- It has total length of 16.6m, a maximum diameter of 4.2 m and a takeoff mass of 22.5 tones.
Thanks for reading :-