Skip to content
Chaff technology developed by Defense Research Development Organization ( DRDO )
Two minute reads :
DRDO has successfully developed advanced Chaff technology. It will help I’m guarding the naval ships against missile attacks.
DRDO while commenting on the latest achievement mentioned that the successful development of the Advanced Chaff technology is one more step towards the vision of ” Aatmanirbhar Bharat “.
The three varients meeting India’s navy ‘s qualitative requirements namely :
- Short Range Chaff Rocket
- Medium Range Chaff Rocket
- Long Range Chaff Rocket
About Chaff technology
- Chaff is a passive expendable electronic countermeasure technology used world wide to protect naval ships from enemy’s radar and Radio Frequency ( RF ) missile seekers.
- The importance of the development lies in the fact that a very less quantity of the chaff material deployed in the air acts as decoy to deflect the enemy’s missile’s for the safety of the ships.
- This technology is used by various countries to protect their naval ships from enemy radar and missile seekers.
Important takeaways of DRDo :
- Formation : 1958
- Headquarters : New Delhi
- Chairman : Dr. G Satheesh
Thanks for reading :-