Skip to content
Bhavani Devi : First Indian Fencer to qualify for Olympics in Women’s Individual Sabre
Five minute reads :
The 27 year old Indian fencer, Bhavani Devi has created a history and has became the first Indian fencer to qualify the Olympics in Women’s Individual Sabre.
The fencer finds her place in the Tokyo Olympics by the ” Adjusted official ranking method ” On March 14 2021.
Now the fencer will take part in the Tokyo Olympics which is scheduled to be organised from July 23, 2021 to August 8 ,2021.
- The Indian sabre is supported by Go Sports Foundation under the Rahul Dravid Athelete Mentorship Programme.
- She has been trained by Sports Authority of India ( SAI ).
- Coach : Sagar Lagu in the SAI training center
About Bhavani Devi
- Her complete name is Chadalavada Aanandha Sundhararaman Bhavani Devi.
- She was born on 27 August 1993.
- Bronze medal at 2009 in Common Wealth Championship
- Brone medal in 2010 in International Open in Thailand
- In 2014 Asian Championship, she bagged the silver medal becoming the first Indian to do so.
- Bhavani received two gold medal one in 2012 & second in 2014.
- She won a Silver Medal in Women’s Sabre Individual Category in 2019.
- She made history by becoming the first Indian to win a gold medal at the Senior Commonwealth Fencing Championship in Canberra.
Thanks for reading :-