Skip to content
Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav ( All important points you need to know )
Four minute reads :
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi inaugurated Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav to commemorate 91 year of Dandi March.
The Mahotsav is a series of events that will take place all over the country to celebrate 75th anniversary of India’s Independence.
A ‘Padyatra’ from Sabarmati along the lines of Gandhi’s Dandi March was also flagged off by the Prime minister.
- Dandi March was an act of non violent civil disobedience moment in colonial India led by Mahatma Gandhi.
- The 24 day march lasted from 12 March 1930 to 5 April 1930.
- Gandi started this march with 78 of his trusted volunteers.
Union MOS Prahlad Singh Patel and Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani also attended the celebrations on the occasion.
A national implementation commitee headed by the Union Home Minister Amit Shah was constituted to chalk out policies and planning of events to be undertaken for the commemoration.
About Mahatma Gandhi :
- Mahatma Gandhi was born on October 2, 1869 in Porbandar at Gujarat.
- He died on January 30, 1948 New Delhi.
Thanks for reading :-