Skip to content
Asian Weightlifting Championships : India’s Mirabai Chanu creates world record
Two minute reads :
Indian weightlifting Mirabai Chanu on 17 April 2021 set a new world record in Clean and Jerk by lifting 119 kg at Asian Weightlifting Championships.
- Previously, the world record for Clean and Jerk was 118 Kg.
- Mirabai also created a new national record as she lifted a totle of 205 kg ( 86 kg snatch + 119 kg Clean and Jerk ) and won the bronze medal at Asian Weightlifting Championships.
- The gold medal went to Hou Zhihui of China who created a new in world record.
- Her title weight with an effort of 213 kg ( 96 kg + 117 kg ).
- Jiang Huihua clinched silver, lifting 207 kg ( 89kg + 118kg ) in the gold level Olympic qualifier.
About Mirabai Chanu :
- Full name : Saikhom Mirabai Chanu
- Born : 8 August, 1994
- She is an Indian weightlifter.
- Her biggest achievement ; In 2017, She won the gold medal at World Weightlifting Championships held in Anaheim, United States.
- She is awarded by the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna awards by the government of India for year 2018.
About Asian Weightlifting Championships :
- The Asian Weightlifting Championships is weightlifting championship organised by the Asian Weightlifting Federation for competitors from Asian countries.
- It has been held since 1969 for men and 1988 for women.
Thanks for reading :-