Ambedkar Jayanti 2021 : Importance and significance of BR Ambedkar’s 130th birth anniversary
Two minute reads :
The 130th birth anniversary of Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar was celebrated in all over India on 14 April 2021.
The top leaders including PM Modi, President and Vice President paid their tributes on the day.
Ambedkar’s first birthday was publicly celebrated in 1928 in Pune, by one Janardan Sadashiv Ranapisay, an ‘ Ambedkarite ‘ and a social activist.
Dr. B. R Ambedkar was a polymath and a civil rights activist and was regarded as the architect of the Indian Constitution.
- This day is also known as ” Bhim Jayanti “.
Importance of Ambedkar Jayanti :
- Being a Dalit, Ambedkar protested against the social injustices faced by the backward communities in the country.
- He highlighted the hardships faced by Dalits in his famous essay – ” No peon, no water “.
- The government of India enacted the Prevention of Atrocity ( POA ) Act on March 31, 1995 to protect the Dalits rights.
- Ambedkar’s also called ” Father of The Indian Constitution “.
- In 1956, he had guided a socio – political movement called the Dalit Buddhist Movement in India, which saw the participation of the half a million members of the community.
- He architect the country’s constitution which came in to force on January 26, 1650.
- He also played an integral role in shaping the country’s economy.
- Ambedkar established the Finance Commission of India in 1951 and took an important role in constituting the Reserve Bank of India.
- For his contribution, Ambedkar was conferred with Bharat Ratna, the highest Civilian Award on March 31, 1990.
Some of Ambedkar’s inspiring quotes :
” Life should be great rather than long “
” I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality, and fraternity “
” They cannot make history , who forgot history “
“ We are Indian’s firstly and lastly ”
- Read : https://modernaffairs.live/jallianwala-bagh-massacre-with-key-highlights/
- Also read : https://modernaffairs.live/j-j-act-child-born-in-live-in-relationship/