Ambassador of International Olympic Committee : PV Sindhu and Li appointed ambassador for a campaign
” Being athletes we understand and know the value of sport being played “
One minute read :
The Badminton World Federation has announced that PV Sindhu and Canada’s Michelle Li have been nominated as athlete ambassador for the International Olympic Committee ( IOC ) ‘ Belive in Sport ‘ campaign.
It is aimed at preventing competition manipulation.
- The campaign was launched in 2018 to raise awareness among athletes, coaches and officials about the threat.
Both have been global ambassador for BWF’s ‘ I am badminton ‘ campaign since April 2020.
This means the two champion shuttlers will be working with others nominated for the same cause raising awareness among athletes.
- Competition manipulation has become an increasingly global concern and protecting honest players is a top priority for the BWF.
Important takeaways of International Olympic Committee :
- Founded : 23 June 1894
- Headquarters : Lausanne, Switzerland
- President : Thomas Bach
About PV Sindhu :
- Pursarla Venkata Sindhu born on 5 July 1995 is a Indian professional badminton player.
- She is the first woman to become the Badminton World Champion, and also the first Indian woman to earn an Olympic silver medal.
- She is the highest paid female athlete in 2018 and 2019 by Forbes list.
- She was also honoured with Padma Bhushan, the third highest civilian award in India, in January 2020.
- Read : https://modernaffairs.live/thomas-bach-president-international-olympic/
- Also read : https://modernaffairs.live/mary-kom-wins-sportstar-of-decade-aces-awards/