Skip to content
Aditya-L1 Support Cell provides all data on board India’s first dedicated solar space mission
Two minute reads :
A community services centre has been set up to bring all data onboard India’s first dedicated solar space mission to a single web – based interface.
It will enable the users to quickly look at the data and identify interesting science cases.
The service center is called Aditya-L1 Support Cell ( AL1SC ).
It is a joint effort of ISRO and Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational Sciences ( ARIES ).
Key highlights :
- It is to be set up at the ARIES at Haldwani, Uttrakhand.
- The knowledge to be provided by ALISC will help scientists to connect the features in heliosphere to the surface of the sun.
- It will allow every interested individual to perform scientific analysis of the data.
- It is slated to develop specific tools to assist guest observers and researchers to prepare observing proposals for Aditya – L1 observations.
Key points of Aditya-L1 :
- Aditya – L1 is a space craft mission to study the sun.
- It is India’s first solar mission.
- It was launched using the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle ( PSLV ) XL.
- This mission will help in study the sun and also the region between the earth and the sun.
Thanks for reading :-