Skip to content
Adani Ports to develop West Container Terminal ( WCT ) in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Four minute reads :
Adani Group Subsidiary Adani Ports and Special Economic Zones Ltd ( APSEZ ) has bagged the contract to develop and operate West Container Terminal ( WCT ) in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
APSEZ announced on Monday that it will partner with John Keels Holdings PLC and Sri Lankan Port Authority to develop WCT.
WTC will be developed to reach a capacity of 3.5 million TEUs.
- TEUs : Twenty Foot Equivalent Units
The APSEZ will set up the container terminal on a Build, Operate and Transfer basis for a period of 35 years on a public private partnership basis.
- APSEZ : Adani Ports and Specific Economic Zone Limited
- APSEZ will be the first ever Indian port Operator in Sri Lanka.
- It is India’s largest private multi port Operator.
- Earlier known as Mundra Port and Specific Economic Zone Limited..
Basic points :
- Founded : 26 April, 2016
- Founder : Gautam Adani
- CEO : Karan Adani
- Headquarters : India
Thanks for reading :-