Skip to content
5 fold Strategy : Madhya Pradesh to adopt 5 fold Strategy
One minute read :
The centre has directed MP to implement a five fold strategy of ” Test, Track, Follow, COVID appropriate behavior and vaccinate ” to contain the spread of it.
- It has also asked state to put restrictions on social gatherings and the movement of large groups of people that are not essential.
- Further, the state has been advised to strengthen and enhance oxygen and ICU beds effectively.
Key points of 5 fold Strategy :
- The government had directed to increase testing in all the districts.
- Minimum of 70% RT – PCR tests and use of Rapid Antigen Tests are screening tests in densely populated areas.
- Tracking of at least 25 to 30 such close contacts for each infected person and their isolation to be done in 72 hours.
- The state was adviced to follow the protocol of clinical care, treatment and support for home.
- Increased number of isolation beds, Oxygen beds, ventilators ICU beds.
Follow COVID appropriate behavior
- This can be done by asking local political, culture, sports, religion influencers to disseminate proper wearing of masks and maintaining physical distance.
- The state was adviced to ensure time bound plan of 100% vaccination.
Madhya Pradesh has reported a nearly 13.4 % week on week increase in new COVID cases.
In the last two weeks, the state has seen an almost 79% increase in weekly new cases.
Thanks for reading :-