The 13th edition of Aero India International air show
The 13th edition of Aero India international air show begins on 3rd February and ends at 7th February.
13th edition : Aero India will take place at the Air force station Yelahanka , Bengaluru.
13th edition ; Aero India is organized by Defense Research & Development organization ( DRDO ).
Defence minister Rajnath singh inaugurated the three day mega event of Aero India, that is taking place for the first time in the hybrid mode due to COVID pandemic.
A full dressed rehearsal was held on Tuesday.
As many as 601 exhibitors including 523 Indian & 78 foreign and 14 countries will be participating in this event.
Only 3,000 visitors will be allowed at the flight display venue in view of the pandemic.
The 13th edition of Aero India show will see participants in both physical & virtual mode.
Over 200 MOUs will be signed between different procurement and manufacturing agencies.
On this mega event, in his statement Rajnath singh said :
- India plans to spend 130 billion dollars on military.
- Modernisation in the next 7- 8 years
- “To achieve the twin goals of self reliance and exports, we have set a target to achieve a turnover of Rs. 1,75,000 crore in Aerospace and Defense goals and services by year 2024”
- The Aero India 21 will display the vast potential of India, and the multifarious opportunity that our country offers in the field of defense aerospace sector.
- Rajnath singh also promises to be the world’s first ever hybrid Aero and Defense exhibition.
- we have taken steps to strengthen on security apparatus, domestic manufacturing of bigger & complex defense platforms had now become focus of our policy under ‘ Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan ‘ .
Important takeaways of Aero India for competitive exams;
- Established : 1996
- Location : Bengaluru
- Frequency : Biennial
- Most recent : 2019
- In 2019 , it was organised by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd ( HAL )